Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram : प्रधान मंत्री जन विकास कार्यक्रम – Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the proposal for naming and reorganizing multi-sectoral development program in the form of ‘Prime Minister’s Public Development Program’ to provide better socio-economic infrastructure to the minority communities and to expand the coverage of the scheme. Has given This scheme will reduce the gap between backwardness standards among national average and minority communities. The government has approved a number of changes for the benefit of the minority community.
This reconstituted program will provide better socioeconomic facilities to the minorities. This includes areas of education and health and skill development in particular. The government has also made the rationale of identifying groups of minorities and groups of villages by reducing the population percentage of minority communities. Prime Minister Jan Vikas Yojana scheme will provide better facilities to minority communities. The central government will implement this program in minority towns (MCTs) and in 57% more areas in the village.
In this scheme, 19 districts have been included in MSDP, whereas PMJVK (reconstituted MSDP) will cover 308 districts across the country. Ministry of Minority Affairs will fund this entire scheme. PMJVK will now include 5 more states and 61 ambitious districts in the concentration of minorities. Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram will now cost Rs 3972 crore in Prime Minister Jan Vikas Yojana.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
* In the field of reorganized MSDP education, health and skill development, minority communities will be provided better socio-economic facilities.
* PMJVK will be utilizing approximately 80% of the total available resources for health, education and skill development. In addition, approximately 33% to 40% of resources will be allocated especially for women.
* More flexibility will address important issues for faster implementation, which will result in minorities.
* According to the backwardness standards, the difference between national average and minority community will be reduced.
* The government has made it rational for identification of minority concentration town (MCT) and cluster of villages.
* This program is applicable in 27 states and Union Territories which will now be expanded to 32 States and Union Territories.