Manipur CM’s ‘Shotharabasingi Tengbang’ launched : The state government of Manipur launched Chief Minister -gi Shotharabasingi Tengbang scheme for disabled people of the state. Deputy Chief Minister Yumnam Joykumar said the primary objective of CM gi Sotharabasingi Tengbang is to provide quality of life to the persons with disabilities and to bring inclusive development in the State. This scheme is the combination of 5 sub schemes – Care-Giver Allowance, Scholarship for students, Free travel Card, Maintenance grant and Soft Loan schemes.
Under CMST, there are five sub schemes. Care-giver Allowance or Maintenance Grant to Persons with Disabilities with high support needs, provide 80 percent disability people with Rs.1500 per month. Self-employment Loan with subsidy to the PWD along with skill training will provide 19-59 years who can work would be given soft loans and self- employment through Manipur Society for Skill Development (MSSD).
CMST also includes a scholarship scheme for students with Disabilities. The rates of scholarships are: Rs 3,000 per annum for Class I-V, Rs 4,000 per annum for Class VI-VIII, Rs 6000 per annum for Class IX-XII, Rs 8000 per annum for Graduate and Above.
Under CMST, free travel and concession to persons with disabilities are given for free travelling in public transport under Manipur State Transport (MST). The Scheme also included a maintenance grant for homeless older persons with monetary support of Rs. 1,000 per month to the older persons in the age group of 60 years and above, who are homeless or sheltered in old age homes recognized by the department.
Details & Highlights of Chief Minister -gi Shotharabasingi Tengbang Scheme
* The state government of Manipur will also give monetary allowances, scholarships, free travel card and maintenance grant to various beneficiaries of the scheme.
* Chief Minister gi Sotharabasinggi Tengbang scheme includes a Scholarship scheme to students with disabilities.
* The Chief Minister appealed to the officials of the Social Welfare Department to work towards rendering human service and give priority to the persons with disabilities and aged persons.
* State Government will provide the mandatory beneficiary contribution of Rs. 366 per annum, which will provide a health insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakhs to four members of a family and OPD charges.
* This scheme will empower the Person’s with disabilities and the marginalized sections of the society.
The new scheme includes Care-Giver allowances/Maintenance Grant to Persons with disability having a disability of 80% or more would be provided with Rs. 1,500/- per month. The beneficiaries will also be covered under “Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme for PwD”, where the state government will provide the mandatory beneficiary contribution of Rs. 366 per annum, which will provide a health insurance cover of Rs. 2 lac to four members of a family and OPD charges.
The persons with disabilities in the age group of 19-59 years who can work would be provided with soft loans to take up economically viable employment opportunities and self-employment through Manipur Society for Skill Development. It also includes a Scholarship scheme to students with Disabilities.
How To Apply|Apply Online|Online Registration|Online Form|Details|Benefit| Eligibility Criteria|Objective|Online Application form