Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Agricultural Productivity scheme 2018-19 :– Madhya Pradesh Government is going to launch the MP CM Agricultural Productivity Scheme / Yojana 2018 (मध्य प्रदेश मुख्यमंत्री कृषि उत्पादकता योजना) for the farmers in the state. Under this scheme the government will implement the MP Agricultural Productivity Yojana (MPAPY) to give full value to their hard work to the farmers. Incentive amount of 200 rupees per quintal will be given in addition to the support price on wheat and paddy in this scheme. This incentive price will pay the subsidy given by the Central Government. Madhya Pradesh Government is going to take various measures to increase the cost of production of farmers in the state. The Government of Madhya Pradesh has announced this scheme on February 12, 2018.
Under the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Agriculture Productivity Scheme the government will provide additional incentives for wheat and paddy on two major crops. Under this scheme the farmers will be given Rs 200 per quintal in support price for wheat and paddy crops. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a support price of Rs. 1,735 per quintal for wheat. About 2,000 rupees per quintal, Chief Minister announced the address of a farmers’ conference.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Agricultural Productivity scheme/Yojana
He said that next year a bonus of Rs. 200 per quintal will also be given. The Chief Minister said that 67.25 lakh metric tonnes of wheat was procured at the support price of the Rabi season for 2016-17 and 7.38 lakh farmers were paid Rs. 1340 crore. Similarly, the state will be paid 2.83 lakh farmers for procurement of 16.59 lakh metric tonnes of paddy in Kharif 2017 and support price of 330 crore rupees. The Chief Minister also announced that crops of village, lentil and mustard will be included in the Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana in 2017-18. And onions will be included in 2018-19.
Objective of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Agricultural Productivity scheme 2018-2019
* This scheme will provide encouragement on 2 selected crops on their MSP.
* The state government will add this incentive amount to the existing amount of subsidy provided by the central government.
* Grading and packaging plants will be installed in 50 agricultural produce mills.
* After this the scheme will ensure the welfare of the farmers and some other measures for the betterment of the farmers across the state.
* Color planting plants will be installed in 25 agricultural produce mills.
* Government has allocated Rs.1200 crores for the Chief Minister’s Agricultural Productivity Scheme.
* The due date of the short-term crop loan distributed by Kharif in 2017 will be increased from 28th March to 30th April by Primary Agricultural Credit Co-operative Societies.
* The Chief Minister announced a number of welfare schemes for the welfare of the farmers in which Chambal fields would be converted into cultivable land and Rs.1200 crores to be spent for setting up customized processing and service centers in each block which will be run by the farmers.