Gujarat Sujlam Suflam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan Yojana :- On 58th Foundation Day of Gujarat, Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has initiated the Sujlam Suflam water conservation campaign for water conservation. The Gujarat government has started this campaign from Ankleshwar Tehsil located in Bharuch district. Under this campaign, the government will create additional capacity of 11000 lakh square feet of rain water storage in the next one month. Apart from this, around 13,000 ponds and check dams will be deepened with the restoration of traditional water resources.
Gujarat Sujlam Suflam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan Yojana
Water is the necessary resource for overall development of the state. The government understands this and is constantly trying to conserve water. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has himself run JCB machine to dig the soil for the construction of the pond in Kosami village. Restoration of all types of traditional water sources in the state will promote the state’s economy. Apart from this, this campaign will also provide employment opportunities to the people to earn their livelihood.
Objective of Sujlam Suflam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan
* Under this scheme, conservation of conventional water resources and aiming to deepen about 13,000 ponds and check dams.
* This campaign aims to create an additional 11,000 lakh square feet of rain water storage capacity.
* More than 4000 JCB Hitachi Machines will be used for digging of soil for Sujalam Softam Water Storage Campaign.
* Apart from this, about 8000 more tractors and dumpers will also be used for this purpose.
* As a result of the depth of ponds and check dams, all fertile soils will be given to the general public without a sum of royalty.
* The primary focus of this campaign is to revive 32 rivers of 340 km in 30 districts of Gujarat.
* Construction of a small pond in about 27 hectare kosmadi will also solve the water problem of about 25 villages.
* In this water conservation campaign, 5400 km and small water channels will be cleaned with a length of about 580 km.
* Apart from this, the government will follow about 10,750 water conservation and conservation works under the MNREGA scheme.
How To Apply|Apply Online|Online Registration|Online Form|Details|Benefit|Eligibility Criteria|Objective|Download Online Application form