Free School Uniform Scheme Kerala :- The Kerala Government is going to launch the Free School Uniform Delivery Scheme in the state. Under this scheme, about 4.5 lakh students who are studying in class I to class VII will get the school handloom uniform. This free handloom school uniform scheme will encourage the handloom sector along with the education sector. The government will start this uniform distribution from May 2, 2018.
Online Free School Uniform Scheme/ Yojana Kerala
This free school uniform will cover approximately 3, 701 schools in the state. Under this handloom uniform scheme, government will distribute 23 lakh meters of cloth for class 1 to 7 students in government schools. This scheme is a major initiative of the State Government to improve the education standards in the state along with the workers working in the handloom industry.
Free School Uniform Scheme Beneficiaries Eligibility Criteria
* Under this scheme, the government has announced benefits to the students studying in state-owned schools. The government has prepared a complete list of approximately 4.5 lakh state-run students.
* The government has also said that this scheme will provide benefits for students from class I to 7th in these schools.
* The effective implementation of the government will be launched by the state government on 2 May 2018 throughout the state.
* To ensure the implementation process, the government has also announced to hand over school uniforms prepared from handloom material.
* Government will ensure availability of handloom cloth material for more than 23 lakh meters to prepare skirts, suits and shirts for school going students
* The government has prepared a complete list of more than 3701 state schools for effective implementation of the scheme for the students. The uniform will be given to each beneficiary student in the school for free.
* New scheme will encourage students to attend regular primary level school to complete their education. This scheme will also help in promoting sales in the state’s handloom sector, where workers in this area will get employment opportunities.
* In order to encourage more workers to participate in this scheme, the government has announced a salary hike of Rs. 400 to Rs. 600. In this salary, every labor will be paid on the basis of daily wages.
* This new step will encourage more workers to join this area of the industry and the state government has declared a fixed budget of Rs 40 crore for the workers within this area.